Are you a new mom? Want to know about which puree should be given to baby?Then you are in the right place.Lets discuss about vegetable puree for 6 to 8 month baby.
All types of vegetables can be given to babies.But make sure to notice all the changes or even small changes in skin.If any allergies appear,stop giving that vegetables.
Vegetable puree is the most important solid foods for babies.We should train our kids to eat vegetables.So start practice it from here.
Babies love to eat vegetables as they are different in colors.So make sure to give different color for each day.Make a routine to give these vegetables to babies.
Today we are going to see about these vegetables.Potato & sweet potato,beetroot,chow chow,pumpkin and veg dhal soup for babies.
Vegetable Puree Nutritions:
Pumpkin:Vitamin A,Vitamin C,fiber and carbohydrates.
Chow Chow:Vitamin C,Vitamin B6,fiber and carbohydrates.
Beetroot:Vitamin C,Vitamin B6,iron,magnesium,carbohydrates and fiber.
Potato:Vitamin C,iron,calcium,fiber and carbohydrates.
Sweet Potato:Vitamin C,Vitamin B6,Calcium,iron,magnesium,fiber and Carbohydrates.
Overview of Potato & Sweet Potato Puree:
- Cook the potato and sweet potato well.
- Peel off the skin.
- Now mash the potato and serve as puree.
Potato & Sweet Potato Puree
- 1 no Potato
- 1 no Sweet Potato
- Boil the potato and sweet potato in a pressure cooker.
- Now peel the skin of potato and sweet potato.
- Mash the potato and sweet potato
- Finally, mashed potatoes are ready to use.
Overview of Pumpkin Puree:
- Peel off the skin and chop it.
- Now cook in cooker with cumin seeds optional.
- Mash well and serve as puree.
- Dont add salt or honey for upto 1 year.
- 6 cubes Pumpkin (yellow/white)
- Peel the pumpkin skin and boil it in pressure cooker.
- Now mash it completely and add slight salt to it.
- Finally it is ready to give for babies.
Overview of Chow Chow/Chayote Puree:
- Peel off the skin and chop the vegetables.
- Now cook in the cooker with less amount of water.
- After cooking,mash well and serve to baby.
Chow Chow Puree
- 6 cubes Chow Chow
- First of all,peel the skin of chow chow.
- Chop it into small pieces.
- Boil in it cooker.
- After that mash the chow chow well.
- Finally chow chow is ready to give to baby.
Overview of Beetroot Puree:
- Peel off the skin and chop the veggies.
- Add less amount of water and cook the beetroot.
- Now mash well and serve your baby.
- 6 cubes Beetroot
- 1 piece Garlic
- First of all peel the skin of beetroot and chop it.
- Now take a pan and saute for 1 mins.
- Cook beetroot in a cooker.
- Mash it and ready to give to baby.65
Overview of dhal soup:
- Chop carrot,tomato,small onion and garlic.
- Now rinse the dhal and add the veggies to the dhal.
- Add small amount of water and cook well.
- Filter the water and give to baby.
- Or else mash well and give to 8 to 9 month baby.
- You can also add your desired vegetables.
- Don’t add masala powder to it.
- 2 piece Carrot
- 2 piece Garlic
- 1 no Small onion
- 1 piece Tomato
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2 no Pepper
- 6 tbsp Moong Dhal
- First of all,rinse the dhal well.
- Peel the carrot and chop into small pieces.
- Take one small onion,garlic and peel the skin off.
- Add cumin seeds,pepper to it.
- Chop the tomato into pieces and add one piece to it.
- Now in a cooker add dhal,carrot pieces,tomato pieces,garlic,onion,cumin seeds and pepper to it.
- Cook the dhal and filter the dhal water.Give this to baby.
You may also like
- how to give solid foods to baby
- Food Chart For 6 Month Baby
- Yummy Carrot Puree for Babies/Toddlers
- How to make Banana Puree for Babies
- Rice Kanji/Porridge for Babies/Toddlers/Kids
- Ragi Kanji/Porridge for Babies/Toddlers/Kids