Foxtail millet is rich in smart carbohydrates,which helps in reducing blood sugar levels.This millet is also rich in vitamins and minerals like iron and copper.
This is cultivated mostly in China,Africa and India.This is an excellent substitute in case of diet.Mainly for weight loss, this helps to control the cholesterol level.
Foxtail Millet Health Benefits
Prevents Heart Ailments:
Vitamin B1 is the most important nutrition in case fo Heart disease.This millet helps in preventing Cardiac ailments by providing Vitamin B1 to us.
Treat Alzheimer’s disease:
Vitamin B1 helps in treating Alzheimer’s disease.Taking 100mg of vitamin B1 regularly can cure this disease.
Helps in Antiaging:
This millet acts as an antioxidant.Helps in preventing age spot,wrinkles and age related problems.
Cures Muscles Weakness:
Deficiency of Iron leads to loss of elasticity in muscle and may cause anemia.This millet has enough amount of iron helps in maintaining muscle contraction.
This millet helps in treating diarrhoea.It also helps in treating fever,vomitting etc.
Overview of Thinai Payasam:
- Cook the rice in pressure cooker.
- Add coconut milk to make it more rich in taste.
- Now add jaggery to this mixture and grind well.
- Finally add ghee roasted cashew and dry grapes to it.
- Atlast Thinai payasam is ready to taste.
- 1 cup Thinai rice/Foxtail Millet
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Palm sugar/Jaggery
- 5 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cashew
- 2 tbsp Dry Grapes
- First wash the thinai rice with water and clean well.
- Now take a Pressure cooker.Then add thinai rice and 3 cups water in it to cook.
- Cook thinai rice in cooker for about 15 mins.
- After that,mash the rice and then add coconut milk into it.
- Now add jaggery to this mixture and stir well.
- Just boil for 2 mins in low flame.
- Add ghee in a pan.
- Now add cashews and dry grapes in it to fry.
- After that pour it in a kheer.
- Finally ,Thinai Payasam is ready to taste.